You may notice through our store on our website we have a couple options for lens materials. While these aren't the only materials that are available to us, these are the most commonly used through our stores and on our website. Below you'll find a quick explanation of the benefits of these materials and why we have chosen them.
- Most impact resistant material available.
- Polycarbonate is one of the lightest wait materials made.
- Poly is a thin material for lenses, while not quite as thin as high index, it's a great option for a wide range of prescriptions.
High Index (1.60, 1.67, 1.74)
When using high index we most commonly use 1.67. 1.67 has better clarity and optics than 1.74 and our labs can typically surface 1.67 lenses thinner than 1.74 lenses.
- Thinnest materials available.
- Clear optics throughout the lens.
- Able to be drilled, grooved, and beveled which means it's a great material for any frame.
If we notice you have ordered high index material when it may not benefit you, we will reach out to confirm this is what you're wanting. When visiting our stores, we analyze your prescription to see what would best fit your prescription. If you have any questions, feel free to call one of our offices and a skilled Optician will be happy to help you!